Second on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs is safety. Children thrive on structure, stability, and freedom from fear. Knowing what comes next in their daily routine makes them feel safe and secure.
- Set clear boundaries and learn how to say “no”.
- Maintain a calm, cozy home.
- Keep activities outside of school spaced and simple.
- Be sure your child is supervised and not left alone.
- Check that purchased products for your child meet national safety standards.
- Children love to explore. Check your home often to eliminate items that could be potentially hazardous.
For more information on preventive measures, check the World Report for Child Injury Prevention at…