Fortunate teachers! Fortunate students! This is teaching and learning at its best!
Welcome to Teacher View Today - a forum for “teacher voice” and a platform for expressing concerns, sharing success stories and imparting strategies to help others successfully maneuver each day in the classroom. Whether teaching K-12 or college, we all share like experiences. I hope you’ll consider Teacher View Today your “go to” place for collaboration outside your classroom. Nancy Ellington
The Real Object of Education…The real object of education is to give children resources that will endure as long as life endures; habits that time will ameliorate, not destroy; occupation that will render sickness tolerable, solitude pleasant, age venerable, life more dignified and useful, and death less terrible. Sydney Smith
- From Decoration Day 1868 to Memorial Day 2021… May 31, 2021
- “Normal” Classroom Learning in the Age of Covid-19? July 13, 2020
- AFT endorses Joe Biden as Democratic nominee for president March 23, 2020
- Memorial Day 2019 – Memories May 27, 2019
- When students speak truth to power – Emma González – Marjorie Stoneman Douglas – Parkland, Florida February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- From Decoration Day 1868 to Memorial Day 2021...
- "Normal" Classroom Learning in the Age of Covid-19?
- AFT endorses Joe Biden as Democratic nominee for president
- Memorial Day 2019 - Memories
- When students speak truth to power - Emma González - Marjorie Stoneman Douglas - Parkland, Florida
- Gun violence in school – a child’s supposed "safe place"
- Mercedes Schneider: Betsy DeVos Will Use D.C. Power to Force Vouchers Down Your Throat — Diane Ravitch's blog
- Progressivism and the fulfilled life...
- Social Skills Instruction - Needed Now More Than Ever...
- Call for articles - points of view...
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Stop Questioning?"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein
A child’s spontaneity
“We cannot know the consequences of suppressing a child's spontaneity when he is just beginning to be active. We may even suffocate life itself. That humanity which is revealed in all its intellectual splendor during the sweet and tender age of childhood should be respected with a kind of religious veneration. It is like the sun which appears at dawn or a flower just beginning to bloom. Education cannot be effective unless it helps a child to open up himself to life.”
CollaborationCollaboration is a gift. We collaborate with others throughout our lives and when we create a really special bond, are always surprised at the richness the encounter can bring. Take advantage of the richness collaboration can bring to your table. Working with others makes any process less stressful. Sharing concerns as well as successes lightens your load!
Thoughts on writing
Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers.
Mean instructional salaries according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics updated March 27,2012…
Secondary School - $56,790
Higher Education - $51,630
Calendar of site posts…
January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Blogs I Follow
- Word Quilt
- Blue for Black
- Rafael Funchal
- SJH Business Plan Training
- My WordPress.com Site
- Righteous Guitar
- Site Title
- Estradas e bandeiras
- WordCamp Rochester
- Sam's Test AT Site
- WordCamp Buffalo 2014
- CJ and Lauren's Wedding